TIPS AND TRICKS TO SUCCESSFUL MEASURING!
Follow these simple tips when you’re ready to take body measurements.
- Have your dancers wear undergarments or a lightweight leotard with a bra that gives the bust line its typical shape for most accurate measurements.
- Have your dancer stand straight with their weight evenly distributed.
- The measurement tape should be snug but not too tight on circumference measurements and stretched tight for vertical measurements.
Getting the Measurements:
- Girth – Girth is the most important measurement when determining size! To measure girth, place a tape measure at the top of the shoulder where a leotard strap sits, then down through the crotch and back to the same shoulder. Measuring tape should be close to the body but not tight.
- Bust/Chest – Measure over the fullest part of your chest with your arms relaxed at your sides.
- Waist – Measure around where your waist naturally indents. Keep your finger between the tape and your belly.
- Hips – Measure around the fullest part of the hips and buttocks while standing with your heels together.
- Inseam – Measure from the crotch to the bottom. The inseam length is the number of inches, to the nearest half-inch.
Each costume that is purchased is yours to keep! We do not require you to return your costumes post-recital.
Each class will perform one (1) dance routine which equals one (1) costume per dance class.
All costume alterations that you wish to get done will be done at the individual’s discretion and Dual Star Academy of Dance is not monetarily responsible for any recital costume alteration costs.
There are NO REFUNDS on costumes.